Welcome to an advanced course in CryoEM Tomography!
Organiser and collaborators:
The Cryo-EM Swedish National Facility - Umeå node
In collaboration with
- CryoNet - the Nordic Network in cryo-EM
- The Laboratory for Molecular Infection Medicine Sweden (MIMS)
- Umeå Centre for Microbial Research (UCMR)
Date: 26-28th March 2019, 3 days
Umeå University, Umeå Core Facility of Electron Microscopy (UCEM), Electronmicroscopy Building and Chemical Biological Centre (KBC)
- Application open: 2018-12-01 (please visit the page again - for application information)
- Application deadline: 2019-02-24
- Linda Sandblad, head of Cryo-EM Facility at Umeå University
- Marta Carroni, head of Cryo-EM Facility at Stockholm University
- Johanna Höög, associate professor, University of Gothenburg
Invited lecturer and course instructors:
- Cindi Lynn Schwartz, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIAID Rocky Mountains Laboratory, Hamilton, Montana, USA
- Giulia Zanetti, Birkbeck University of London, UK
Contact information for questions regarding the course:
1200 SEK. The fee is not paid during registration. After application acceptance and invitation to attend, all participants will be asked to provide us with address and ref number for a course fee invoice.
Lunches and coffee are included in the course fee.
SciLifeLab Cryo-EM facility and CryoNET arrange a course on tomography in Umeå, organized by Umeå Core facility for Electron Microscopy, associated to the KBC, MIMS and UCMR.
During the course we will introduce sample preparation and cryo-EM data acquisition for tomography. Practical focus will be on 3D image reconstruction and analysis using the IMOD software package. Also, the concepts of cryo-EM subtomogram averaging will be demonstrated. All participant will work with IMOD on individual work stations in a computer lab to practice electron tomography image alignment, 3D reconstruction, refinement and averaging methods, modeling of protein complexes and cellular volumes and graphical presentation of 3D image data. The workshop and methods are aimed for structure, cell biology and research in related fields.
This course aims for advanced training for researchers with earlier experiences in electron microscopy and/or 3D image analyzes. Participants will be selected depending on the motivation stated in the application form.
The National Cryo-EM Facility