Welcome to the 8th National Infection Biology/Microbiology (NIB/SFM/NDPIA) Meeting!
Date and venue: 14-15th of October 2019, Aronsborg (Bålsta) at Aronsborgs Konferenshotell in Bålsta (between Stockholm and Uppsala).
The NIB/SFM/NDPIA 2019 meeting is co-organized by the National Network for Infection Biology (NIB) coordinated by The Laboratory for Molecular Infection Medicine Sweden (MIMS), the Swedish Society for Microbiology (SFM) and the National Doctoral Programme in Infections and Antibiotics (NDPIA). The meeting will take place at Aronsborgs Konferenshotell between Stockholm and Uppsala. It will gather researchers from different areas of infection biology/infection medicine and microbiology.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
(will be updated once additional speaker have confirmed!)
- Jost Enninga, Institute Pasteur, Dynamics of Host-Pathogen Interactions, Paris, France
- Eva Gluenz, Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
- Joan Geohegan, Department of Microbiology, Moyne Institute of Preventive Medicine, School of Genetics and Microbiology, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Susanne Häußler, Department for Molecular Bacteriology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, and TWINCORE and Hannover Medical School (MHH), Hannover, Germany
- Helle Krogh Johansen, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability, Technical University of Denmark, Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
- Boris Striepen, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Pathobiology, University of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Raphael Valdivia, Duke University School of Medicine, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Durham, NC, U.S.A.
Short talks selected from abstracts
An additional twenty short talks will be selected from submitted abstracts and there will also be poster sessions, including poster walks in small groups.
Oliver Billker, Umeå University, MIMS
Eva-Maria Diehl, Umeå University, MIMS/NDPIA
Åke Forsberg Umeå University, NDPIA/MIMS
Fredrik Kahn, Lund University, NDPIA
Keira Melican, Karolinska Institutet, SFM
Barbara Sixt, Umeå University, MIMS
Staffan Svärd, Uppsala University, SFM
NOTE! Members of the National Doctoral Programme in Infections and Antibiotics (NDPIA) will participate free of charge and members of the Swedish Society for Microbiology ( SFM) will have 50 % discount on the registration fee.
Link to registration for SFM membership: (SFM membership)
Bus transport between Aronsborg and Arlanda airport will be provided.
Registration is closed now.