[2017-11-03] Several Researchers at MIMS and UCMR are among 40 people at Umeå University who will receive funding from The Swedish Research Council (VR). In total VR funded 569 application out of 2904 applications for both for Medicine and Health and for Natural and Engineering Sciences. The Swedish Research Council published its decision on the two calls on October 26th and October 31st on the research council’s website (www.vr.se).
Of the 20 successful applications from Umeå University within Medicine and Health, 6 were written by scientists at MIMS and UCMR and they will be funded for the next three or four years:
- Fredrik Almqvist (UCMR and Department of Chemistry)
- Niklas Arnberg (MIMS, UCMR, and Department of Clinical Microbiology),
- Sven Bergström (MIMS, UCMR, and Department of Molecular Biology)
- Thomas Borén (MIMS, UCMR, and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics)
- Constantin Urban (MIMS, UCMR, and Department of Clinical Microbiology)
- Anna Överby Wernstedt (MIMS, UCMR, and Department of Clinical Microbiology)
Of the 20 projekt leaders at Umeå University who will receive funding within the Natural and Engineering Sciences are 3 members of MIMS and UCMR:
- Vasili Haruyliuk (MIMS, UCMR, and Department of Molecular Biology)
- Richard Lundmark (MIMS , UCMR, and Department of Integrativ Medical Biology)
- Magnus Wolf-Watz (UCMR, Department of Chemistry)
In total the Research Council granted the MIMS and UCMR group leaders funding for around 27 550 000 SEK.