2019 call for applications for MIMS Clinical Research Fellows
Our program for MIMS Clinical Research Fellows aims to strengthen translational infection research locally and nationally by providing early stage clinicians with research time and collaboration opportunities.
A new MIMS 2019 CALL for MIMS Clinical Research Fellows is open now!
What a MIMS Clinical Research Fellowship offers:
- Guaranteed research time (e.g. 50% over 2 years) at the Fellow’s institution paid by MIMS.
- Salary support to employ a joint postdoctoral researcher for 2 years.
- Research collaborators at MIMS or in the Nordic EMBL Partnership.
- Access to facilities and expertise at Umeå, EMBL or nodes of the Nordic Partnership, including for instance:
- Chemical biology
- Structural biology
- Cellular genomics
- Molecular biology
- Regular networking among a thriving community of fellows and group leaders at courses, symposia and conferences.
Stage 1: Expression of interest. Submit not later than Aug 30, 2019:
- A brief CV
- 1-page summary of your research idea (postdoc project) in infection medicine
- Potential or agreed basic research collaborator(s) at MIMS, at Nordic EMBL Partnership odes in Oslo, Aarhus or Helsinki, or in the EMBL network
Stage 2: Workshop. Preliminary dates: Nov 6-8, 2019
MIMS will invite to a workshop where interested candidates can meet potential collaborators to refine their project ideas.
We can help to match clinical and basic researchers.
The sooner we know about a project idea, the better we can help.
Stage 3: Full application. Due date: Jan 31, 2020.
Successful candidates should have:
- A strong background in research.
- A good project idea.
- Access to an appropriate local research environment for their project.
- A strong case for how collaboration with researchers at MIMS or one of its European partner institutes can add value to their work.
- Hold a medical degree, active as clinician and a PhD.
- You are early in your research career.
Contact for more information: